By The Reporters
GWERU – Officials from the
Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe (MSD) confirmed on Tuesday that the cold
currents sweeping across the country had failed to deter women from keeping up
with their regular dressing styles. Despite temperatures dropping to around 7°C throughout the week, most notably in the city of Gweru, winter
was left utterly frustrated as it failed in its mission to instill coldness in
women’s bodies. Regular supplies of cold winds and frost were deployed particularly during early mornings and evenings but so far, they have failed to produce
the intended results as women are still wearing skirts, shorts, and dresses.
“It always amazes me. I
think women’s bodies are made of steel or something. I have to layer up heavily
before coming to work, or even when I'm just going anywhere outsiude, yet I still see women strutting around town in their skirts,
shorts, and dresses,” Mark Takaindisa, the Director of the MSD said. “Cold
weather has clearly failed to win here. It’s a disaster, really,” he added.
Chipo Tarevesa, the Senior
Forecaster at MSD, indicated that at the beginning of the winter season, the envisaged
goal was to see each and every woman in the country in “bomber jackets, heavy
coats, long scarves, warm and comfy jeans and trousers, and heavy, cozy boots”.
She indicated that this has not been the case.
“As MSD, we’ve been trying
to comfort winter during its frustrations, as clearly the country’s women are
still wearing skirts, dresses, and shorts despite this biting cold. Even I
myself still go to work wearing my pretty formal skirt. It is just what it is.
I cannot let the cold win over my desire to show these glorious glimpses of my
body to such a salivating public. But that’s just me. Our forecasts indicate temperatures
may dip a bit over the coming weeks, as winter mounts its one last challenge
before departing,” Tarevesa told The Reporters.
At press time, several
women who spoke to The Reporters insisted that they were “perfectly fine”
despite intense shivering and displaying other symptoms commonly associated
with hypothermia.

No comments:
Post a Comment